This lesson shows students how to identify and avoid misinformation online. They will also learn about the different ways Facebook attempts to protect people from misinformation.
- Explain how digital content is created and shared.
- Verify content accuracy and authenticity.
- Identify fake news.
- Describe the main policies and regulations in place at Facebook to protect user’s safety.
- Explain how Facebook limits monetization opportunities for content that contains misinformation.
- List practices advertisers can use to keep their brand safe online.
This content is suitable for high school, CTE and university students who already use social media in their personal lives but have little or no experience using it for professional or business purposes.